Other Ways to Help Ahimsa House
1. Join us on Facebook and Twitter, and LinkedIn
This is a powerful way to help spread the word about Ahimsa House!
2. Set Up a "Birthday Wish" on Facebook
If you have a birthday coming up, you can make a "birthday wish" to request donations to Ahimsa House. One of our Board members recently raised over $200 this way! Just go to:
Facebook then automatically updates your status through your birthday to remind people to donate in honor of your birthday and gives a "progress bar" toward your goal and a link on your homepage to your birthday page, where people's donations are recorded and people can post birthday wishes.
When you go through the wizard, you can send a donation request to all your friends or select those whom you want to receive a donation request message.
3. Help Us Spread the Word "Offline" Too
We are a small nonprofit, run almost entirely by volunteers. One of our greatest challenges is making sure everyone in Georgia--both those who need our help, and those who might like to help us--know about Ahimsa House. Could you help us by distributing our brochures and flyers in your community, talking to your vet or doggie daycare about partnering with us, or even just telling a friend? Contact us to find out more.
4. Help Ahimsa House By Searching the Web
It's simple. You use it like any other search engine but each time you do, money is generated for Ahimsa House. Last year, search engines generated close to $6 billion in revenue from advertisers. With iSearchGive part of this advertising revenue will now be directed to Ahimsa House. We hope that not only will you use iSearchiGive.com as your main search engine from here on out, but that you will also pass this message on to your friends and family. The more people who use this, the more money will go to Ahimsa House. Click here to start searching!
5. Help Ahimsa House Every Time You Shop Online
Shop at www.iGive.com/ahimsahouse and help Ahimsa House at the same time. Shop for everyday items at the over 650 stores at the Mall at iGive.com, like Barnes & Noble, Lands' End, Best Buy, and Neiman Marcus. Shop through iGive.com and a percentage of your purchase is donated to Ahimsa House. Get a $5 bonus donation with your first purchase at any iGive store.
6. Sign Up for Kroger Community Rewards
Did you know you can support Ahimsa House just by shopping at Kroger? It's easy when you enroll in Kroger Community Rewards! To get started, sign up with your Plus Card and select Ahimsa House. Once you're enrolled, you'll earn rewards for us every time you shop and use your Plus Card!
7. Become a Proud Holder of the Ahimsa House Visa Platinum Card
When you apply for our platinum Visa Card, our issuing bank (UMB) will donate $50 to Ahimsa House the very first time you use it! And UMB will donate a percentage of all your future purchases on the card to us well! All of this is at no cost to either you or Ahimsa House. The more of us who participate, the bigger the impact we can make. All the benefits of a platinum Visa card will be yours, along with the satisfaction of showing your support of Ahimsa House every time you use your card.
Support with every purchase:
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for 6 months. After this period, a low variable APR will apply.
- $50 donation to Ahimsa House when you use the card within the first 90 days of activation. You only need to use the card once within the first 90 days for us to receive the $50 bounty. Of course, we encourage you to make it your primary card because Ahimsa House receives a percentage of every retail purchase at no additional cost to you.
- No annual fee and no additional cost to you
- Enhanced Visa Platinum benefits, including 24/7 Emergency Customer Service and 100% Fraud Protection, Purchase security, Warranty Manager and much more
So join us in applying for the Visa card today and take advantage of the low introductory rates. Just go to our secure application page.
8. Dress Yourself and Your Pet in Ahimsa House Logo Gear
Here's a great way to help support our work and spread the word about Ahimsa House!
- T-shirts, sweatshirts, tanks
- Pet wear
- Coffee mugs and Sigg water bottles
- Bumper stickers: "Animal Abuse--Family Violence--Make the Connection"
- Tote bags
- and lots more!
To visit our online shop, click here.
9. Donate Your Old Cell Phones and Printer Cartridges
Ahimsa House accepts all brands of used printer cartridges and cell phones (phones can be any age/condition, working or not) for our recycling program, which generates much-needed funds for our work. Please securely package your cartridges, phones, and phone batteries (if available) and ship to us at PO Box 8181, Atlanta, GA 31106. Or call us at 404-496-4038 to arrange a dropoff at our Decatur office, or to see if we have a volunteer near you who could pick up.
10. Send In Your UPCs from Natural Balance Pet Foods
When you buy Natural Balance pet foods, save your UPC and receipt and mail them to us at Ahimsa House, Attn: Natural Balance Fundraiser, PO Box 8181, Atlanta, GA 31106. We'll receive a donation from the company thanks to your purchase! For more information, visit their website.
11. Shop Online for Pet Supplies at EntirelyPets
When you shop for pet products and supplies at EntirelyPets.com, Ahimsa House receives a donation! Be sure to click the link or the button to the left to ensure we receive credit.
12. Donate Your Old Car, Truck, Boat, Motorcycle or RV
Cars 4 Causes® is the #1 choice for donating your car, trucks, boats, RVs, motorcycles, running or non-running, to Ahimsa House. Just go to http://www.cars4causes.net/charity-car-donation/ahimsa-house.asp where you will learn everything you need to know about how to donate. This donation will be tax-deductible.
13. Book Your Pet's Boarding or Daycare through Embarkly
Click the banner below to search for pet boarding/daycare providers on Embarkly.com, and we'll receive $5 when you book a service!
14. Do your Amazon Shopping through Amazon Smile
Click the banner below to have your Amazon purchases benefit Ahimsa House.