Transport Pets to Safety
Thank you for your interest in helping to transport animals for Ahimsa House! This is a very important aspect of our work. The types of situations where we most often need transport assistance include transferring an animal from a client or domestic violence shelter to a boarding facility, from a boarding facility to/from a foster home, from a foster home to/from a vet appointment, or returning an animal to a client at the end of the animal's stay with us. (Reuniting a client with his or her pet is one of the most rewarding experiences many volunteers describe!)
The steps involved in becoming and being an animal transporter are:
· You complete our general volunteer application and online orientation at http://www.ahimsahouse.org/ahimsa-house-volunteer-application
· You complete the animal transport application, which we send you after completing the general application/orientation process. We will need a copy of your driver’s license and current auto insurance card.
· We process the application and complete your reference check and background check (please understand that this process may take several weeks depending on the availability of your references and of our volunteers).
· An Ahimsa House representative contacts you to schedule a time to review our transport policies and procedures.
· We place you on our transporter list. When we have a transport need, we email and/or phone you. You let us know if you would like to take the transport assignment. You can transport as infrequently or as frequently as your schedule and inclination suit.
Please click here to review our document entitled "About Transporting Animals For Ahimsa House," which contains our transport policies and procedures. If you have any questions please email us or call 404-496-4038.